Local Rules - Shandon Park
- Out of Bounds - a ball is considered out of bounds if it is outside the boundary of the course or over the white stakes or white lines at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 12th & 14th holes, where it is indicated as out of bounds (Rule 18.2).
- No Play Zone - all roads and artificially surfaced paths, flower beds, staked trees and 1st tee complex are 'No Play Zones'. Relief is to be taken under Rule 16.1 (Free Drop).
- Penalty Areas - these are defined by yellow or red lines or stakes. When a player's ball is in a penalty area, or whenever it is known or virtually certain to be in a penalty area, even though not found, the player may take relief under Rule 17 . (Penalty Shot).
- The penalty Area behind the 3rd green is only in play while playing the 3rd hole - relief area to the left-hand side of the green, under Rule 17 (Penalty Shot).
- The forest area to the right-hand side of the 5th green is only in play while playing the 5th hole. The ball may be played or relief taken under Rule 17 (Penalty Shot).
- Sand / Gravel Topped Drains - when a ball lies in, or on a drain, or where the drain causes interference with a player's stance or intended area of swing, relief may be taken under Rule 16.1b (Free Drop).
- Sprinkler Heads - relief may be taken if the ball touches the sprinkler head or it interferes with a player's stance or swing under Rule 16.1 (Free Drop).